10 Blog Traffic Building Tips
Your blog is amazing and you know it. You spend hours creating great content, writing articles and editing photographs. But the blog traffic still trickles in slowly. It feels like other blogs are thriving and growing. Feel familiar?
You needn’t despair; growing your blog’s traffic is one of the most difficult challenges for any blogger. Luckily, there are some steps you can take to make growing your blog a little easier. This isn’t an easy feat, or something you can simply do – growing your blog and blog traffic and becoming a successful blogger is an ongoing process!
Please note, this post may contain affiliate links.
To learn more, check the disclaimer.
10 Tips for Growing your Blog Traffic
Wait! Before you begin, here’s a bonus tip: Head on over to the facebook group to start making allies and growing together.
- Get back to basics, learn some SEO. Search Engine Optimisation is the art of raising your position on search engine results pages – but it isn’t easy! People make entire careers in this industry, so expect this to be a lot of work. Find some basic guides online on some of the techniques and tactics modern SEOers are using to do well on search engines.
- Ensure you’re including keywords throughout your blog. If you’re not sure what keywords you should be trying to use, check out some keyword tools such as Moz’s Keyword Explorer or Answer The Public. Keywords are one of the easiest ways to kick-start your SEO, and strong SEO = blog traffic!
- Use your Social Media wisely! Making the most of social media is one of the most organic ways of generating traffic. Be active in your niche’s community and people will be drawn to you naturally.
5 Surefire Ways to Organically Increase Instagram Followers + Engagement
The Secret to Masses of Blog Traffic: Pinterest Group BoardsAutomate your Social Media with Tailwind + Boardbooster
- Create a newsletter + actually use it! It’s important to drive new blog traffic to your articles, but it’s equally as important to keep old readers coming back! The easiest way to do this is to encourage them to sign up for your newsletter and send an email when you have some new content to share.
- Keep in touch! Maybe you don’t have a new product or content to email about or share on social media, but you should still keep in touch with your readers regardless. Share quality articles from other bloggers that you think your readers will find useful. It’ll keep them engaged with you, you’ll become a friend and a source of good information and not someone who’s just trying to push your own content!
- Create engaging headlines. Your blog post titles should always be engaging and clickable. You’re not Buzzfeed, your headings don’t need to be clickbait but they should be engaging, encourage action, peak curiosity and, when possible, allude to the solution of a problem.
- Ask questions in your headlines. It’s important that your potential readers can relate to your blog headings, and asking questions your readers might be thinking about is a great way to drive blog traffic.
- Include relevant links throughout your blog posts. Links are important, so make it a priority to link related posts from your blog to each other. This keeps people on your site, finding out more of what you have to tell them. Additionally, don’t be afraid to occasionally link to other authorities in your niche! Linking to other experts will actually increase your authority, proving that you are someone who’s information can be trusted and verified.
- Use photos + imagery – a picture is worth a thousand words. Whether you’re writing an article about your latest reads or your latest look, you should always add some images to your blog posts. It’ll make them more engaging, more informative and, most importantly, more shareable.
- Keep writing fresh, new content. Your readers are hungry for information, and sharing relevant content regularly is the best way to ensure traffic flows to your blog consistently.
Did you find these tips useful? Let me know in the comments! I’d love to hear your thoughts on the tips + any other blog growth struggles you may have!